An address for service is an address where landlords or tenants will receive notices and other documents about the tenancy. 

A physical address is essential

An address for service must be a physical address. It can be your own address, or somewhere that mail can be received on your behalf. It’s a good idea to use an address where you’ll be able to receive mail even after the tenancy ends.

You can also provide a PO Box number, fax number, or email address as an additional address for service.

A landlord that is operating as a company can use their registered office as their address for service. 

Where your address for service must be recorded

You must write your address for service on the tenancy agreement and on the bond lodgement form when sending the bond to us.

Lodging a bond has more information on how you can lodge a bond.

When your address for service changes

If your address for service changes during the tenancy, you must give your new address for service to your tenant or landlord within 10 working days.

If the bond is held with us, you must also let us know of your new address for service within 10 working days.

You can let us know by:

  • emailing us your new details (your email address needs to match what we have on file)
  • sending us a signed letter telling us what has changed (your signature needs to match what was on your lodgement form)

Providing an address for service on a Tenancy Tribunal application

When applying to the Tenancy Tribunal, it’s important to provide an address for service for the other party so they can be served with a notice of the Tenancy Tribunal hearing.

Completing an application to the Tenancy Tribunal explains what addresses can be used as an address for service on a Tribunal application, and what to do if you don’t have the other party’s address for service.

Rating form

Did you find this information helpful?

For general enquiries please contact us