Service centres

Contact us by phone

Calling us is free within New Zealand. We're open from 8:00am - 5:30pm, Monday to Thursday and 9:00am - 5:30pm on Friday, excluding public holidays.

Tenancy information
0800 836 262

(0800 TENANCY)
Overseas: +64 4 238 4695

0800 737 666

Please have your bond number ready when you call
Overseas: +64 4 238 4693

Unit Title Applications
0800 864 884

(0800 Unit Title)
Overseas +64 4 237 1588

Language line

If English isn't your first language, you can use a free telephone interpreting service called Language Line.(external link) Interpreters are available for 43 different languages. Call us after 9.00am, ask for Language Line and tell us which language you speak. Hold the line and we'll get an interpreter within a couple of minutes.

Video Relay Service

If you are Deaf or hearing impaired, after 9.00am we can use the Video Relay Service to provide information. Visit the NZ Relay website to see how it works.(external link)

Contact us by post or fax

Please note, applications received to PO Box 50 546, Porirua 5240 after 6 May 2017 will be returned to sender.

Tenancy Tribunal applications

PO Box 76469
Manukau 2241


PO Box 50-445
Porirua 5240
Fax +64 4 237 7884


PO Box 50-394
Porirua 5240
Fax +64 4 237 6351

Unit Title Applications

Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
PO Box 76469
Manukau 2241

Our locations

City locations:

If you need help regarding a form or you have a specific tenancy enquiry, in the first instance please phone our Service Centre on 0800 836 262 (0800 Tenancy).  The city locations listed below are open from 8.30am to 4.30pm weekdays (excluding public holidays).  If you would like to visit us for personal assistance, to ensure our staff are available to assist you, we strongly recommend that you make an appointment by calling 0800 836 262 (0800 Tenancy).


Level 8
280 Queen Street


Level 2
161 Cashel Street


Level 3
Westpac House
430 Victoria Street


Level 1
205 Victoria Street


Level 4, MIT Building
25 Davies Avenue
(Cnr Davies Ave and Manukau Station Road)

Regional locations:

If you would like to visit us for personal assistance at any of the regional locations below, you must make an appointment by calling 0800 836 262 (0800 Tenancy).

Central Region

New Plymouth

Southern Region


Email us

If you have a question or need to get hold of us outside of opening hours, email us using the relevant form below:

Completed and signed your bond refund form? Scan and email it to

Our Compliance Team monitors and enforces compliance with the Act. If you are concerned about serious or ongoing breaches of the Act that affect vulnerable people, read about what they do and how to contact the team.

If you are looking to obtain official information held by MBIE and subject to the Official Information Act then you need to fill out the Tenancy Official Information Act request form.

Rating form

Did you find this information helpful?

For general enquiries please contact us