28 June 2021

The Temporary Accommodation Service has been activated following recent severe weather events in Papatoetoe, Tokomaru Bay and Canterbury. Find out what to do if your rental property has been damaged.

The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment’s (MBIE) Temporary Accommodation Service (TAS) has been activated and is accepting registrations from anyone affected by these severe weather events.

If you need temporary accommodation you can register for the service on the TAS website (external link)or phone 0508 754 163.

TAS provides ongoing temporary accommodation assistance in the wake of an emergency, for households displaced from their home. This includes where tenants have to move out of their rental property while repairs are undertaken. Temporary accommodation is different to emergency accommodation, which is provided in the short term by emergency management agencies.

Landlords and tenants can find information on what to do if their rental property is damaged in a natural disaster on our website.

Repairs after a natural disaster.

Back to News
Rating form

Did you find this information helpful?

For general enquiries please contact us