On 11 August 2020, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced that New Zealand’s COVID-19 Alert Levels are changing.
Updated on 18 August 2020
From midday on 12 August 2020, the Auckland region moved to Alert Level 3 and the rest of New Zealand moved to Alert Level 2. This remains in place until 11.59pm on Wednesday 26 August, at this stage.
This means different restrictions will be in place from midday on 12 August 2020, depending on where you are in the country.
Steps we can all take now to protect ourselves and our loved ones include:
- Continue to follow rigorous hand washing practices (20 seconds using soap and water and drying properly)
- If you or a family member is unwell, please stay at home
- Practise physical distancing of two metres wherever possible
- Consider wearing a mask in places where it is difficult to maintain physical distancing
- Download the NZ COVID Tracer app(external link) and keep it updated.